how do i get my 9 month old to sleep through the night??

my daughter often poops in the middle of the night so i feel i need to go in to check. if i let her cry it out (which i am not against) she wakes my 2 yr old son, then he is up & wakes her!! i'm not sure what to do here. my daughter is easy to get back to sleep, she just needs to be pacified with a bottle.

lsmmom

Asked by lsmmom at 12:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Stop giving her a bottle and let her self soothe. If she has pooped or you think she has give her 15 minutes then check on her. Try putting something in your sons room to block out her cries. Maybe a fan or humidifier, shut their doors and use a monitor. My daughter gets up at 3 am daily and we let her talk it out for 20 to 30 minutes and if she is truly crying then we check her diaper.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009