how can I stop my son from sucking his both thumb. tried spicy stuff like hot sauce and he just loved it.

iamfat07

Asked by iamfat07 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just let him suck his thumb. The more you push to get him to stop the more he will want to do it.
    jessnotbufy

Answer by jessnotbufy at 1:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• This made me chuckle. I can't believe he loved hot sauce!! :) Best of luck to you.. I've got no idea.. I took pacifier away from my son at 12 months, and he hasn't found out that his thumb is much like a pacifier.. thank goodness.. Good luck
    shenae704

Answer by shenae704 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The best advice I have is dont push too hard for him to stop, he will rebel. Also, talk to him about being a big boy, tell him big boys dont suck their thumb, maybe see if you can get him to only do it at bed time?
    HannahandSarah

Answer by HannahandSarah at 2:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008