How can I boost my confidence?

Lately, especially in the past few years, I have been feeling so ugly. Both inside & out. I feel paranoid when i talk to people, i can't start conversations in fear that they will think what i'm saying is stupid. I'm not un-attractive, i have been told by many that i am beautiful. But i feel un-attractive. I feel un cool. I feel fat. I feel like I'm bad in bed w/ my husband. I feel like I'm dumb. He hates how insecure i've become, & he is a wonderful man. He is the only one who can occasionally make me feel worth something. How do i change this. I refuse to take meds, and i don't have time or $ to go get counceling. I believe there has to be some way i can love myself more. Where do I start & how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• It may be hard, but exercise will help a lot. You can do things at home if you can't afford to go to them gym. Now that warmer weather is on the way, GET OUTSIDE! The sun is a great energizer and mood lifter. Make sure you are doing things for you. Get involved at your kids school. I always feel better when I am doing more. I know you might not be the same. But I always feel better when I get a lot of cleaning done around the house. Also, check out your public library. They generally offer different activities and things for all ages - at least the one here. I dont know if you can afford it, but take some classes. An art class or something if you have any offered near by.

I am not a good conversation starter with new people. And I definately have been through all of the feelings that you are having. You can get through it. Let Hubby know how you are feeling and that you are trying or want to try to feel better
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have always wanted to take a pottery class. Thank you for your advice, It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. Well, i guess i already knew I'm not the only one in the world lol, but it's different when you hear someone admit it. Cleaning does work for me temporarily.
    Anonymous

• how old are you, are you on hormones like birth control or anything for menopause or post hysterectomy? There is a questionnaire on www.women4balance.com you might want to go through and see if any of that aplies to you.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm 27, & I'm on the mirena IUD. So far it's been alright. When i was on the pill, i would cry in my bed all day, so i had to try something else. I think i have always been this way, but it's showing more now. I used to hide it behind a tough girl attitude, & now that i shed that stupid attitude & let myself become more humble, all of a sudden these feelings are just going nuts.
    Anonymous