is it normal for my 2 yo to hit or hurt himself when he gets mad?

My 2 y o son gets upset when hes told no. sometimes he'll hit himself and other times he'll throw himself back.. i worry he'll hurt himself. I have no idea how to stop this... HELP

jussomeonesmom

Asked by jussomeonesmom at 12:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yea my brother used to do that all the time when he was little, i don't know why he did it but it eventually stopped.
    Anonymous

• My two year old does it sometimes. Part of the terrible twos temper tantrum phase.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Im sorry....Ill just tell him to stop. It doesn't last that long, just an outburst. He'll grow out of it.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son at 17 months just started doing this too and I am freaked about it. he will even hit his head on the floor or wall...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009