In a food rut, need ideas!

I need some ideas of foods to fix my 6 month old. We're getting bored of baby foods. What things do I need to stay away from at this age, and what are some of you baby's favorites?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• look online or in a book store and they have baby food cookbooks, im sure there are lots of new things you could try. at this age your allowed to try scrambled eggs too.. my daughter ended up being allergic to them so that kinda sucked :( but my daughters favorite was always guava fruit
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hey I have a great site for you...endless options really!!! You'll love it! Wholsomebabyfood.com

Check out the pages that cater to each age and stage.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• avocado, mashed banana, pureed mango (in blender), cooked peas and carrots -- diced really small (even the peas should not be whole at this age), egg yolk omelette (you're not supposed to try the whites this young because of allergies). You can puree a lot of stuff in the blender. Most foods that need to be chewed or can break off in big chunks aren't safe at 6 months but you should be able to do a bigger variety at 9 months. In a month or 2 you can try whole milk yogurt and soft cheese (my baby loved Babybel at around 8 months) or cottage cheese. Milk isn't safe, but other dairy products are, but limited.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Also see if your library has "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. It gives info on how to make and store anything and everything for baby to eat. Great resource.
    EmilySusan