I want to work at home do you have any tips or advice?

gigglez94112

Asked by gigglez94112 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• ANYthing that wants YOU to give them money to 'get started' is a scam.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• try www.tgw247.com  Great company with great comp plan.  Message me if you are interested

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I just got hired to work from home. Have to submit to a background test and go through orientation next week. If you want more info. PM me and I'll send you all the info after I have my orientation. It's not a business, you don't have to buy into it to start.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You can work at home. And NO not everything that asks for money is a scam. There is a HUGE difference between starting a home based business; which would have start up costs versus a work at home job. Any work at home JOB that asks for money...is a scam.
    I have been working at home for 7 years with my Premier Designs jewelry business.
    Good luck! Best wishes!
    ~Shay
    Inspiring Mom's to Work from Home!
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/InspiringWAHM
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hi there, 

I would say there are quite a few out there.  A nice one is writing articles and getting paidon these.  Such a company like AuthorMommy where you split the ad revenue on them.  Its fun to.

Thanks,

Chris

Howtoaholic

Answer by Howtoaholic at 2:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm using a few different work at home companies that you might want to check out. They're all free.  http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It's all about what YOU like and what you can afford. Finding a "job" where you work specific hours and get a paycheck for those hours is nearly impossible to find.

A work at home BUSINESS, whether you join a Direct Selling company or start your own ALWAYS has start up costs. It costs like half a million bucks to open a McDonald's Franchise. So spending $10-$500 on starting a business at home isn't so "OMG" when you look at it that way. I've done Avon, Creative Memories & a few others, I didn't have much success. Not because I didn't know what to do and didn't do it, but there are just SO many reps for those companies.

I became a Consultant with Ambit Energy & I love it. I earned $2,000 last month & I hope to reach $10,000 a month by the end of Summer. I help others SAVE money on their electric bill rather than ask them to buy something else & I love it! www.WNY.AmbitEnergy.biz
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes, look in to a business... WAH Jobs are okay but you can't ever get ahead. They usually pay you per job or per hour and you will be required to pay for your own equipment. You will usually need a quiet background also, so if you have small kids, you'll still need a sitter.

A home business will take some start up cash but if you find one with a good comp plan you won't need to worry about it. Look for a company that offers residual payment, not one time commissions. If you get in to a company with a Product you will only be paid a residual commission when you recruit. But, if you find a company with a service you can earn commissions from business you did months ago.

This is what I do. I earn income for every piece of business I bring on for as long as people use our services. And since our average stay time of our members is 8 years (17yo company) that turns out to be a decent amount over time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Now, I won't tell you it's work free or that it's perfect. You do have to work, but you'll work hard for 4 years instead of really hard for 40... I personally don't know why anyone would choose a job that they have to work full time at for 40 years or more just to retire and not know if they can even afford it...

I will be retired by 35!

Find out all the information at www.DailyChecksAtHome.com
    Request your Interview at www.Request-Interview.info

Talk to you soon!
    Sabrina M Bowen

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• If you would like to try to find a WAH Job, visit www.Sabrinas-Closet.info and check out my list... They are all legit.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009