Did you know that some of our military actually love president Obama?

in here some are always claiming that the military hates our president. turns out some love him.
BAGHDAD – Cheered wildly by U.S. troops, President Barack Obama flew unannounced into Iraq on Tuesday and promptly declared it was time for Iraqis to "take responsibility for their country" after America's commitment of six years and thousands of lives.
Inside a marble palace, he was interrupted repeatedly with cheers from the troops.
"I love you," someone in the crowd shouted out. I love you back," the commander in chief replied. Scores of troops held digital cameras above their heads, snapping pictures and recording video of a day they would long remember.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course. Someone would have to be very ignorant to actually believe that ALL of our military does not agree with him.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 1:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I'm so glad that they aren't going to be in Iraq any longer. Maybe all the war will end too. Hopefully. I knew some military loved the president. I have friends in the military that voted for him =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 1:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would like to point out that of course troops are cheering for the President. He is, after all, their BOSS and the President of their country lol.

Yes, there are some military men and women who like Obama, just like there are those who didn't like Bush, but I think the cheering could also come from the fact that he showed up in Iraq, a war zone, and is there to greet the troops and talk to them. THAT deserves cheering, even if you don't like his politics.

Being in the military doesn't make a person a mindless drone. You don't become a republican by joining the military lol. :)

I find it amusing that he said " I love you back". That's really cool, I think! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• edit to add: I do not mean republicans are mindless drones. Sorry. That came out bad! I just meant that people in the military all don't fall under one political affiliation.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• And...................how do you think they would respond when he said " you'll be going home soon"
    Now...define soon and you'll doesn't mean all.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I guess it was burning your a$$? Of course most know some of our military voted for Obama and like him.Not ALL do not like him and not ALL do.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wondered about this and was going to ask a q about it but I'll just say it here. Do they really like him or was it just being proper? MOst who voted for him did so because they thought they were going to go home and have no more war. LOLOLOLOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Uaoh928AE

They love Obama!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh please, Bush went during the height of fighting on a holiday and went straight to the kitchen to give out meals and thank the troops and it was all secret until it was over.
    A$$hole goes when things are quieted down, with the media swooning, and makes a speech in the palace under a huge chandeleir.
    Oh yeah, I see the difference, plain as the huge mole on his ugly face.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have some vids in my journal too Grace.Yes Bush got LARGE cheers pics taken and hugs.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009