Is it Spring yet?

Where in the hell is that Obama puppy, I cannot hardly sleep at night knowing those poor girls wake up each and every morning to an empty puppy bed in their bedroom. A pink leash with no dog to walk, a rhinestone studded bowl with no puppychow or water in it. Squeeky toys with no puppy to squeek it. Newspaper with no poop on it, damn you Obama, your girls will forever be scarred.

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was watching a news report on allergies, and it stated that people who have allergies to dogs are allergic to their dander, urine and saliva. It's not the hair. I don't know why he would promise his daughter something that causes her health issues.

Maybe if I offer my 6 yr. old something he shouldn't have he will bring home straight A's. Like a margarita or something of that sort. Of course, he would have to pry it from my cold dead hands.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I hope those lovely little girls get their puppy soon(no sarcasm)
    Anonymous

• Those poor girls.No matter how much I cannot stand the new president I would not speak ill of his children esp underage children.I don't know akin it is mean of him imo.When I tell my children something I mean it.I follow through or I do not say it.Seems to be taking forever and a year for him to follow through.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Aren't they getting a portugese water dog? Or looking for one from a rescue? That's not an immediate thing.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad they are taking their time choosing a puppy specially because one of the girls is allergic.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 1:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• One would think that almost six months is enough time to procure a dog- something I'm pretty sure Michelle is capable of doing on her own. I can't understand why that promise to those little girls hasn't been kept.

I'm guessing that keeping public outrage down about fannie and freddie bonuses will be first on his agenda, not the poor girls dog yet again.

They've got nearly unlimited resources, there's no excuse why those kids don't have their dog.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Why are you surprised? Broken promises seem to be the norm with President Obama. Here. I'll help.

http://www.bluegrace.com/adopt.html

Anonymous

• He said they were getting it when they got home from this big Europe trip. So not a broken promise.
    Anonymous

• One would think that almost six months is enough time to procure a dog-

He's only been president for 3 months.
    Anonymous

• Maybe they have contacted a breeder and are waiting for a suitable puppy to be born or for it to be old enough to leave it's mother. We don't know. They want a Portugese Water Dog, a very uncommon breed, finding a breeder and a waiting period to get the right puppy is not at all uncommon or unreasonable.
    Anonymous