Baby sleep aproaches...

My partner and I are trying to figure out a night time sleep routine. Baby goes down between 6 and 7. She sometimes gets up at 1:30 and almost always 3:30 for feedings. We decided to try the 11:00 dream feed to see if we could get a longer stretch between feedings. She is 5 months old. We've heard all kinds of opinions--from they don't need to eat at night at that age (I don't agree with this as she downs no less than 3oz), to leave her be--she'll eventually sleep through the night. Any ideas, words of wisdom, thoughts? Oh, and she wakes at 5:30 for additional feeding and wakes for the day between 6:30 and 7:00.

Gretamylove

Asked by Gretamylove at 1:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try putting a lil cereal in her bottle before bedtime if you're worried about her being hungry. Or if you can push bedtime a lil later and only have one feeding thru nite. If she holds her own bottle try just giving her a lil water too.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 1:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• NEVER put cereal in a bottle!
    Anonymous

• i would suggest trying to push bed time because my daughter goes to bed at 9 and eats b4 bed and then she gets up around 7 and she is only 5 months old...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My LO is four months old and he goes down for the night at nine-thirty or ten and then sleeps till seven-thirty or eight. We feed him right before he sleeps and nothing more till he wakes up. My Dr. says if my baby is still gaining constant weight then you're not doing anything wrong with your feeding schedule.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 1:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Maybe try giving her oatmeal or rice at night? My son is now 7 months and he eats 8 oz of formula and a half a bowl of oatmeal every night before bed. He sleeps 6:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. every night and has been since we started oatmeal at 4 months.
    Anonymous

• I think you have a snacker on your as did I. THere is nothing I could do to get her to sleep later and skipping feeding was not an option for me. Her pedi told me that untill she grew out of her snakcing ways (eating a little at a time but more often) then she was just gonna get up all night. He told me the only thing I could do was add a little rice to her milk during the night. But it didn't make much differance
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 1:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• DO NOT PUT CEREAL IN A BOTTLE!!!!!
    LKRA

Answer by LKRA at 4:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009