Tanning...

I have a question about the spray tan you get at the tanning salon. I can not do the regular one and am supposed to stay out of the sun because of medications and I am really pale. I want to get the spray tan but I want to know how that works.

Are you supposed to do it in a bathing suit? Naked? Does someone do it for you? Or is a machine? What about your hair and face? lol Sorry I have NEVER gone tanning before.

TIA

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I got spray tan before, I did it at sun your buns. You go in like a large booth like the stand up tanning only much bigger. It shows you where to stand and on a diagram how to stand and hold your arms and everything. Then it counts down and a machine sprays you up and down. then you turn around and it does the same thing. You stand in there for a couple mins I think then when you go out (the booth is in its own private room.) they provide towels for you to pat your skin and then you can get dressed. Oh and they give you a shower cap so your hair doesnt get tanned but your face does get sprayed too. i suggest wearing dark colored clothing and nothing too tight. And make sure anywhere you have creases are not creased. (like your knees, elbows, wrists.. Im pretty sure it was $20 and lasted a couple weeks. And it didnt look orange at all, just really tan lol which was perfect because I had got it for Prom the next day.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• okay 1st i work at a tanning place and it depends on were you go. there is a machine that you do use that you stand in there and it sprays u. you can go naked, and you can go in your bathing suit. (dont go in one you love it will stain) but also there is places that you can go and have some on air brush you. you can go in underware thong,etc. you hair you will wear a hair net kind of like a shower cap. the machine will spray your face as well as the person. But again dont wear anything that you wanna keep. if you can go in black underwear or bathing suit. because it can stain. when you do go into a machine there will be a lotion that you apply to your elbows back of your knees, you bottom of your feet hands and in between your fingers. this will help so they wont get any weird color. but i suggest you find some places that a person sprays you becasue most machines make you look like a orange color.
    michaelamanda07

Answer by michaelamanda07 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have had both, although i prefer a lady doing it for me, and all i wore was a thong. In the machine, all i had on was a hair net, lol. Make sure you exfoliate before you go, and wear loose clothing so that it doesnt rub off, after getting it done wait 4-6 hours for a shower (its gets darker the longer you leave it on) and mine usually look better the 2nd day after getting them! hope this helps =)
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 5:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I hated them. It shoots out really fast and you cant breathe when they are doing it. I sneezed and inhaled a bit and my lungs burned for hours afterward and I felt sticky and gross all day bc you cant shower for six hours. Then it left my ears and ankles orange. I've done Mystic Tan and another one. Yuck.
    Anonymous

• Save yourself the money and buy a can of Skin So Soft Satin Glow Continuous Mist Airbrush Spray from Avon. My customers and I all use it and LOVE it. It gives you the same effect but is only $12 for a can that lasts you several tans! Try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have done the spray tan twice and it didn't last long for me. I agree with the above, get an at home spray tan from just about anywhere and it will be better than those. Unless you get the kind that someone does it for you, but I would be too embarrassed to have that done. I get the spray kind and then I get the subtle tanning lotion from Mary Kay to keep it.  Because you can use it as a moisturizer everyday and it smells really good.  I am not patient enough to do that one on its own though.

www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 7:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009