HOw long did your baby sleep in between feedings?

when they were newborns, and did you nurse or bottle feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed my daughter and bottlefed my son. It really depends on their milk intake. Some will fall asleep while feeding and don't take in as much and will wake up much earlier. With a bottle you can measure and see how much your baby is eating. But with breastfeeding you can't.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 1:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• breasfed my daughter and at night she only got up twice at the most bt during the day she would sleep for 2hours between feedings...when she slept
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son is now 5 months old. I had trouble with him falling asleep while breast feeding and loosing weight. So the when he was 2 weeks old, we decided to bottle feed him breast milk. This has been working out great for us. He usually slept about 3 hours or so inbetween feedings if he got a full feeding. I noticed he liked to fall sleep while bottle feeding as well, but he kept eating. So I would just tug on the bottle a little and he would continue eating so he could get full.
    RockyMax26

Answer by RockyMax26 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I don't know if there's a direct correlation between quantity drunk and how long they sleep. My second daughter was such a sleeper, and even in the hospital was sleeping for like 3-4 hour stretches. For the first few months she literally had about 4-6 alert hours a day -- I wondered if there was something wrong but she's not at ALL that way now, so she must have been a tired baby. I breastfeed her. My first daughter, also breastfed, only took a nap that long during some of her growth spurts. As a newborn, maybe an hour at a time?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• As newborns, I don't have a clue. I didn't time it, they slept as long as they wanted to and I fed them when they wanted it. I do know that at 6 weeks they were taking 8oz every 2-3 hours. I don't know about sleeping times during the day, it varied really.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I breastfed during the day, gave them one bottle of formula at night before bed and breastfed for the nightly feedings. When I nursed the babies, they were usually up every 2hrs. After that one nightly bottle of formula, they were probably down for 3-4hrs.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009