Vacation with 8.5 month old

My husband is deployed to Afghanistan right now. He gets 2 weeks vacation sometime in July so we were going to vacation for a week. We have a son that will be about 8.5 months old then. Can you take them to Disney World in Orlando? Is there anything he can enjoy at that age? What about Sea World? Where to most people take their infants on vacations?

RockyMax26

Asked by RockyMax26 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its too early to plan a vocation for him, so just think where you wanna go and he'll enjoy it as well just by being next to and his daddy :)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You can take him anywhere you want its just a matter of what the parks allow and I believe a child has to be 32 inches to ride rides. They have to sit and stay seated and most rides are not designed for the parents as well. He is still a little young to take to an amusement park. I would try for the beach or lego land or something.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:51 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I actually just got back from the ocean with my 8 month old.... we went to the aquarium and stuff like that.... If you take vacations juat plan something that will catch your childs attention... bright colors, moving objects.. Disney World would be great espically if your child is into disney shows.... my nephew loves mickey mouse and he is only a year old but i know he would love to go there.... Just have fun! Pretty much as long as they are with you they are going to be content.
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 3:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009