• In the Spotlight:

What is the best phonics video.

I am going to get a couple for my almost 4 year old daughter. She is smart and wanting to learn. She learned how to spell and read dog and cat in like 20 minutes.

ShireeCS

Asked by ShireeCS at 1:34 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son love the Leap Frog movies, he learned to read at 4(tward teh end of that year)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I've never heard of any videos teaching phonics. We've just worked on it as it came up with their books, doodle pros, coloring, drawing, etc.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Leap Frog Letter Factory. Simply awesome at teaching letters and their sounds.
    Leap Frog Talking Words Factory. Great next step for teaching how those sounds work together to make the words we know.

Whatever you do, keep it light and fun. Flashcards and workbook drills are a good way to kill a love of learning.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I did leap frog first to get the letters and their sounds down, but she wanted more after that and I went to the Bob Books. They are not videos, but were the best next step for us after the intro to letters and sounds through leapfrog letter factory. Leapfrog also has the leapfrog talking words factory, both of my preschoolers get a lot out of both videos, but the Bob books have given them the biggest step forward.
    Anonymous

• Ditto the Leap Frog Letter Factory. My son has autism and I bought him this video and he learned ALL of his phonics in two days, no kidding. :) It is a fun video and the kids loved it. We also have the leap frogs refridgerator magnet phonics thingey which I think helps a lot too. :)
    Norest4mommy

Answer by Norest4mommy at 12:18 AM on Apr. 13, 2009