anyone here getting a divorce

i have a 1 year old son and i have decided to leave my husband.. i know he will try to lie and fight me for custody just to spite me even though he is not mental or financially able to raise our son. I know he wont get full custody but I dont even feel comfortable with my son staying with him overnight without me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Your question...?
    Anonymous

• My husband and I are in counseling for this now. We have not filed and I do not feel comfortable leaving my daughter at night due to him never getting up with her. Our therapist told him it would be highly unlikely they would ever take the child from its mother unless neglect is proven. If you have the finances and means to care for the child you would get custody and he would get visitations. Depending on if you plan on staying in the same state he would get him every other weekend and then on the weeks he doesn't get him on the weekend he is allowed to visit from a certain time. They will send in a child therapist to analyze the childs behavior and will also do an evaluation on you and your husband. That is what we were told by our therapist. Its all in what they feel is best for the child. You could start counseling for you and the child now to get it going to make it a little easier on you both. GOOD LUCK
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• The courts look for what is in the best interest of the children.
    Unless you can Prove his is unfit..
    Your husband will have some kind of custody...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009