If you saw that someone had left a young child in thier car in a parking lot.. would call the police or turn a blind eye?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have called the police before for that reason.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 1:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It depends on the store honestly. If someone is running into a gas station to pay then no. But if its wal mart or something then yes. Its one thing to run in and pay for gas where you can still see your car and get to your child in a few seconds. In other stores you have no clue what could be happening.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am usually unoservant and oblivious, but if i did notice it I certainly could not live with myself if i turned a blind eye. I'd have to call. and depending on the weather, if it were hot I would hesitate all of two seconds before I broke a window. but I am thinking baby, it depends on the age.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 1:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• when I was working the other day ( at a convienient store) I heard a loud car pull in so I looked out the window and a young guy got out and came inside and left his 2ish yo daughter in there alone. I stood by the window and watched the little girl until he got up to the counter and just said "oh your up here now, I was watching your kid out the window, theres a lot of creeps and scumbags around her you know", he just said "thanks, but I locked the door". I actually see it about twice a week with people and have never called the cops, but I def. would NEVER do it!!!
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i would call the police...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh i should add that i live in Ohio where we have had highly publicized deaths due to children being left in cars over the past couple of years. One child was the 2 year old daughter of the vice principal at my lil brother's school.

LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 2:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would definitely call. That is just plain STUPID. It is beyond me that people still actually do this.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My husband called the police for this reason.
    There was a newborn crying in a car in a casino's parking lot.
    We didn't leave until security came. It was REALLY sad.

I won't call if the car is running and by the entrance though.
    However I don't think that's a smart idea.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Police no matter the situation.
    Anonymous

• Police no matter what If I cant see a parent I call
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009