Do you think it is right for a manager at a store or restraunt to ask a nursing mother to cover up or move beacuse customers are getting offended?

nope i think its wrong.. and in some places illegal.. dont like it dont look
i see more skin from people in shorts shorts

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's ridiculous that people get offended by breastfeeding. Both the people getting offended and the restaurant owner speaking up are ridiculous. Some babies don't want to nurse under a blanket; it can be logistically difficult. Most of the time you can't see anything anyway, and if a nipple shows itself for a second is this really going to cause family turmoil? Good grief. Not to mention it's discrimination. What a dumb country we live in sometimes. Grr.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yes. If you choose to breast feed then cover yourself as others may not want to see it or want their husbands or children watching you feed your child. Its a respect thing for those around you to do it discreetly.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Unless her breast was totally exposed and hanging out nipple and all for all to see with no baby latched on, HELL NO! Why should a baby be deprived of his/her food when he/she's hungry? If a person cannot mind their business and just turn their head, then they need to just leave.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a private thing you CAN cover up with a blanket no one wants to see your boobies while they are trying to enjoy a grand slam breakfast I'm sorry. It's beautiful and natural and all... but something you can do with a bit of covering up.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No one said deny the child food. But if your going to do it then try not to bring attention to yourself by not covering up. I have brought it to the managers attention before and asked them to either move me or have her cover up. My husband and I were both disgusted and I don't want my daughter seeing it either.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• LMAO anon.. well put! omg i agreed with an anon HAHA!
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It is great you choose to breastfeed. You certainly have that right. I also have the right to not have you flashing a breast in my childrens view. We are a very modest family. Feed your child. and put a blanket over your shoulder. Show some respect for yourself and other people.
    Anonymous

• Hell NO! I think babies should eat!
    I am always discrete, but sometimes covering up completely causes more stares.
    I have seen many women breast feed without a blanket that I wouldn't know they were bfing if I didn't know what they were doing.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• ok well actaully my son was ffed but i plan on bfing this time.. this question wasnt directed at anything i have done but just a general?.. and i do plan on bfing in public and some babies wont eat with ablanket but no im not gonna flash my whole boob either
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Just eat at Hooters...They're used to seeing boobies!
    Anonymous