Should I use a container of ricotta cheese if the inner seal was slightly open?

I could have opened it when I was taking the outer cover off. I am not sure if I should use it or not. What would you do?

auntaria

Asked by auntaria at 2:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I wouldn't use it.
    Anonymous

• I would not take the chance...bring it back to the store if you can and tell them what happened..
    Maybe they will replace it...some stores have a policy that you can not return dairy..
    but that did not stop me when I bought yogurt that was spoiled.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wouldn't not worth the chance
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would probably use it. It all comes down to a personal call. I would probably try it. Ricotta usually has a usually smooth top so it would probably be pretty obvious it if it was tampered with at all. Maybe it is because the grocery store is like 45 minutes away for me and usually when I buy Ricotta it is because I have something planned out and I want to make it. What do you think, would it really worry you? Or is your first inclination to go ahead and use it?
    Anonymous