Will this show up on a criminal background check

I have a bad check out for $50.00 that i know is on my credit report . The check was for $20.00 and the fee was $30.00. Anyways i havn't been able totake care of it because when i call the placeon the credit report they told me that they don't have the debt anymore. It was sold. But cant give me a number to call. And ihavnt got anything in the mail . So when i applyfor a job and they run a background check will that show up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• Only if they filed criminal charges for a "worthless check"....
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I had 500 dollars in bad checks at a gas station, and 425 at dominoes pizza a little over a year ago. I got a job at a casino that does 10 year background checks and credit checks. it came up on their report, but I still got the job, and I've been there since. no problems. I dont think they can discriminate you for bad credit.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No. If they run a credit check it will show (not sure why employment does check credit, but some places do).
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• When they run a "background" check, they are looking for illegal activity that you were charged with, so if you were not charged with criminal fraudulent check writing, then it won't show up in your "background" check. However, if they run a credit check....it will be there.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, a background check is for criminal activity. A credit report is for unpaid debts... -- Unless something was brought before a Judge and an 'order' was filed.....but I don't think for 20.00 they can Do anything.......
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009