when do they find a heart beat cuz i am now confused! ???

ok i went with my BFFL to her ultrasound and we are around the same wks pregnant, they the docs or tech what have you, picked up an heart beat, and she is i think 2 wks more so more than me but not 11 or 12 wks, I'm around 7 -9wks cuz they add twos and i still dont get that, shes about 8 to 10wks but not 11-12wks im sure lol i think im sure, I thought and knew lol like im a pro that at 12 wks and higher is when you get a heart beat, my doc has not i guess done it for me, and im wondering why and when, it seems with these ones everything is so different and or is it that i am just out of the loop its been 7yrs since my baby was in side me so whats that like lol 7 yrs and 9mos or soemthing like that right? Honeslty even when i was prg with my girls,As longs as they were ok and doing well, i didnt think about all that stuff that im asking about now so pls ya'll bear with me & help me out pls TY!

Ayeshah

Asked by Ayeshah at 2:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• To answer your second question. A fetal heartbeat can be seen on ultrasound between 5-8 weeks. It can not be heard with the dopler until 10 (if you are lucky) to 12 weeks. Not every doctor will send you in for a ultrasound early in the pregnancy. It is not usually medically necessary, unless you are having problems.

I hope this helps. And Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 3:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ha, um, re-read your own question, you'll be even more confused. Yikes!
    Anonymous

• Well since some find it hard to understand let me ask again and make it easy for  those who get confused easyly,  im  1st confused cuz of the 2 wks they add to the due date, now saying that my friend & I heard her babys heart beat the other day  on ultrasound, i am about 7 or so wks preg and I had  yet to hear my babies hearts beat, so  the Questions is when or what stage do you hear the heart beat?  is it 12wks and up or sooner?  I did ask more than 1 question but for those who didnt get that how about we Answer just the heart beat one since sme of you get too confused. Again TY

any answers to ONLY  the question(s) would help me out a lot.

????

Ayeshah

Answer by Ayeshah at 3:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• As far as the heartbeat they saw my baby's on the ultrasound at 8 weeks and heard it at twelve. Not sure if they CAN hear it before twelve weeks or if that's just the next time I went in. ??? :)
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Ok I am going to try to help your confusion here. You start counting from the first day of your last period. They do it that way because no one really knows when they actually concieved, but can usually figure out the LMP. So you are not actually pregnant the first two weeks of your pregnancy. You usually don't know you are pregnant until you are 4 or 5 weeks.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 3:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• with my doctor they start looking around 8 weeks.... So Im sure thats why they did it to your friend. But With my second son i didnt hear the heart beat til 13-15 weeks (I dont remember which it was) but I know it was pretty late. But yeah around 8 weeks typically is when they check. So probably your next appointment they will do it to you.
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 3:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• TY ALL I GOT IT NOW SO THEY CAN "SEE" IT NOT HEAR IT, GOT IT, LOL I CONFUSED MY SELF oops caps lock, anyhow i did even confused my self a bit but i understand both answers and ty all for helping me out. i got an appt on the 9th and i am not sure but i guess by the or around there i will be 8wks, with my 2 girls i was high risk so i am thinking i will be again and thats why they did my 1st ultrasound. but again TY.
    Ayeshah

Answer by Ayeshah at 4:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i SAW mine at 6 weeks and 1 day, I first heard it at 14 weeks, 2 days...we tried at 10 weeks, but it didnt pick it up =/ My Dr. told me that the earliest they would do it with the doppler ws 10 weeks...
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 4:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009