Will it effect the decision in California?

In the past week Vermont and Ohio legalized gay marriage. Washington DC has officially joined the list of states that will recognize gay marriages from other states. Do you think that this will effect the decision being made in the California courts? We are expecting a decision in the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I sure hope so.
    Anonymous

• It was Iowa actually. I don't think it will. Many of us that voted for Prop 8 did so not because of gay marriage but because of what was happening in the schools and was going to happen with our churches. The schools by law had to teach about gay marriage. Anyone that tells you differently is not telling you the truth. My sons teacher showed me the 1st grade curriculum she was going to have to use until Prop 8 passed. It was going to tell children if mom and dad believed gay marriage was wrong they were bigots and horrible people. My sons teacher almost quit over this policy and was grateful Prop 8 passed. My church was being sued by a lesbian couple since our pastor would not marry them. That couple and their friends picket our church, make out in the parking lot and still throw rotted food at cars. They could not leave well enough alone and people fought back.

Anonymous

• It was Iowa actually

Oops, that's what I meant. Other then that I think your responce is bs filled propaganda.
    Anonymous

• They could not leave well enough alone and people fought back.

Well enough? Being told you can't marry the person you love is well enough?
    Anonymous

• No matter how hard you jezoids fight it, the tide is turning and gay marriage is on it's way in every state in the union!
    Anonymous

• Oops, that's what I meant. Other then that I think your responce is bs filled propaganda.

you can think that all you like most liberals do.
    Anonymous

• Well enough? Being told you can't marry the person you love is well enough?

They could not just have gay marriage they wanted churches to marry them and wanted the schools to teach that their lifestyle was normal and anyone who says otherwise is a bigot. It was more than their right to marry someone they love. I never would have voted for Prop 8 had my sons school not had the cirriculum change and my church had been sued. I didn't care if gay people got married just did not want my rights to my beliefs and childs right to stay innocent taken away.
    Anonymous

• No. The decision in California is based on CALIFORNIA'S constitution. What other states decide, based on their own constitutions and laws, does not affect California.

If this ends up in the Supreme Court, then that would effect it. The US Constitution overrides all the individual states ones.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I didn't care if gay people got married just did not want my rights to my beliefs and childs right to stay innocent taken away.

So basically you don't give a sh@t about people's rights as long as you can keep the blinders on your child for a few extra years? Selfish much?
    Anonymous

• Just make civil unions legal and this wouldn't be an issue. Sheesh.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 3:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009