Chores for a 3 year old......

What are some chores that you have for your little one? My DD is 3 and I feel like I need to start giving her chores and teaching her responsibility! Any suggestions?

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 2:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I make my daughter put all of her toys up in baskets in the livingroom before she goes to bed.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 2:48 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Help make the bed.
    Pick up toys and books.
    Take laundry to the laundry room.
    Help feed pets.
    Help wipe up messes.
    Dust with socks on their hands.
    Mop in areas with help.

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/chorechart1/a/ageapprchores.htm
    Anonymous

• My son just turned 4 and he likes to help me with the laundry. He also knows how to clean up his toys and while I'm cleaning, if there is something that needs to go in the trash can he'll throw it for me. He also likes to help his brother take the trash to the dumpster.
    Anonymous

• Take her clothes to the laundry basket, pick up the living room before bed, make her bed in the mornings, pick all her toys out of the bath when she is done, help clean the table..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Pick up toys. Put dishes in sink after eating. Helps get wipes for diaper changes of my youngest and little things like that that he could pick up and bring to me or his father or brother,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Usual things like changing/dressing himself (not really a chore, but he fights it sometimes)

He has to:
    put his dirty clothes in the laundry
    clear his dishes from the table
    scrape his plate into the garbage and put it in the sink
    (used to load his dishes into the dishwasher when we had one)
    clean up his toys (joint effort with his brothers)
    help clean critter cages (gerbils)...he carries non-pooped parts to the sink
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• se cleans up all her toys, puts her laundry in the laundry basket, then takes it to the laundry room, helps set the table and clear the table for dinner, helps empty the dishwasher, and she helps take car eof our three dogs, whether thats feeding them, giving them water, brushing them etc..my daughters 4..and although these are chores..she doesnt see it as that..she just looooves helping out.sooo i sure aint gonna stop her!!! lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• help pick up her clothes, toys and shoes. She also carry's her plate to the dishwasher after she eats and will pick up stuff off the floor and throw it away.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• This is a great age to get them started! They love to "help". My son loves to put the laundry from the washer to the dryer for me and push the button to start. He picks up his toys, helps but groceries in the pantry after the store. There are tons of little ways to get them started.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2009