What do you think about this?

My DD wants a nose ring in the middle of her nose. She is 15 yrs old. Do you think its a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope.

I would not allow anything like that til 16 or 17. THEN if they had kept grades up and all that and could prove they were responsible enough Id probably let them do a nose ring.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I think bull! I saw a guy with a ring in the middle of his nose and my first thought was "you gotta take the bull by the horns!" Yes that is prejudging, but first impressions are alot!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 2:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• NO. I'd tell her she might look like a cow or bull. Whichever is the one that has a ring in it's nose. Once I told my mom I wanted my labrae (sp?) pierced and she said if I did that she was going to hang stuff from it and pull me around by a string attached to it.
    Anonymous

• i had one on the but not in the middle of my nose i also got mine done when i was 15 be hind my moms back she made me take it out. it was very painful when i got it done. it really up to you if you wanna let her do it are try talking her in to getin a little stud on the side of here nose if your going to let her do it
    Anonymous

• I think NOT... OMG!!! the nose ring in the middle of the nose to me is just plain nasty and like mommy said it basically reminds you of a bull. I really think its ugly even with the weights in them. really if my child came hjome looking like that that would be out of his nose right away but if they had the side one and you can't really see fine but that will happen at 18 ..
    Anonymous

• No not at 15.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i would allow a stud in the side they are very dainty(spl??) but a ring? HELL NO "BULL" shit lol
    dita

Answer by dita at 3:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• mmmmmmm not a good idea at all
    Anonymous

• FYI, it's called a septum piercing. I have one. So with this particular piercing there is a good chance I would say yes. You can put a horsehoe shaped barbell in a septum pierce and you can flip it up in your nose to hide it. So for school, church, family coming over, whatever situation may warrant a little discretion you can hide it. I would probably let her so long as, like BonesDragonDew mentioned, she is fulfilling all her responsiblities at home & school. If you do decide to let her get it, find a good piercing parlor near you (& a good one should look as much like a doctors office as possible) check them out, make sure they are clean. Make sure that they want you present, I wouldn't trust a place that lets kids walk in with permission slips. GLTrust your instincts, & your daughter, like I mentioned, it can be hidden, she could have just gotten it without ever telling you.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Nope not until she's 18. If she gets it done before then, find the place that pierced a minor. I don't really believe in letting a child do anything until they are of age to do it themselves. You wouldn't let her drive before she was legally allowed to, right? You wouldn't buy her alcohol if she was under 21 right?
    Anonymous