How do you cope with "A LOT" of stress?

I've had a pretty rough time in trying to balance some situations in my life. My former fiance passed away *reasons unknow* yet I'm left with our wonderfull 2 yr old daughter *. I've been seeing someone new and were starting our new family as a whole but my former finace's mother always has to but in and tell me how to take care of everything. I dont mind the advice but she always rubs in my face her graduating from child care classes and that she knows best.... But didn't she also have some time to be a newbie too I wish she'd but out and stop being so overbaring...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Explain to her you enjoy the advice when it is ASKED FOR. Let her know that just because you don't have a child care degree doesn't mean you know more or less then her, she is your child and your gut will tell you whats right. She is probably trying to hold on to all she has left of her son as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I agree with the above answer, she is just trying to hold on to all she has left of her son. Take her advice graciously, it will make her feel better to know that she is helping, and you will be helping her by letting her do so.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 2:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i think its part of grieving for her. If she isnt involved, shed probably feel like shes letting down her son.
    ou just have to let her grieve, and remind her that there are still boundries. Sometimes we have to enforce those boundries. Set them, and hug her. Theres a way that everyone can be happy.
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009