my husband is laid off and there's only one thing on his mind..How do I get him to realize there is more to life then

getting laid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You might as well just go with it! He can still look for work and get laid everyday... Why is this such a problem for you?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• LOL...LOL...Maybe once you take care of him he can think straight and all things will work out they always do. Don't stress him or nag him it will be just fine.
    All men are that way they act like children when they don't get their sex...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• At least he's keeping busy! Maybe that's the only thing keeping his head up. Give the man some love.
    Anonymous

• No! the guy is a horn dog! he got it late last night and all he does is sit around all day talking about how he wants more...Sorry I'm a mom first, I'm not going to leave my son in front of the tv while I let his dad have his way in the bedroom., lol
    Anonymous

• Most men work ALL the time, so this is kinda like a break for him... so enjoy it, look for work in the am's, have a lot of sex in the afternoons for celebrating or vice versa and everyone is happy and a little less stressed :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• LOL!
    He is probably shocky from being laid off and the uncertainty and the loss of identity and is looking for comfort. For me I eat, for guys maybe it is different. Do what you can in that department but don't go against your wishes either.

Answer by Bmat at 3:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would love for my Hubby to be home everyday!!! I am thankful that he's working but he's gone 4 weeks at a time... Take advantage of it, I'm sure it won't last forever... If you cut him off he may go elsewhere, why kick him when he's down??
    Anonymous

• Men need sex as an esteem booster. He is probably feeling bad about himself for being laid off...like he is less of a man, because a lot of men feel like if they are not providing there is something wrong with them. I keep telling him how much you love him and that you are still proud of him for trying to find a job. Have sex with the poor man, that self esteem boost might just be what he needs to go out and find that job. I don't think there is anything wrong with occasionally plopping the kid down in front of the tv to have some sex.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Just tell him, as long as the boy isn't awake, you can have as much as you want, otherwise, you gotta wait! I wish my SO wanted sex all the time, we're in a rut right now.
    Anonymous

• LOL the kid is almost 5 he will wonder where mom and dad are at..then get into things.
    But yeah I see the point and I'm not going to argue it because I really can't.
    I just get tired of being treated like a slave not a woman. There's no cuddleing or anything..just all day gropping and him bugging me for sex
    Anonymous