Similac and Enfamil - is one better than the other?

They seem to cost about the same..which one did you choose and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cant say either one is better than the other they are both good and one may be better for some babies and vice versa just depend on baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Enfamil is supposed to be better, and it is also more expensive. My daughter had issues with both,so I switched her to Nestle Good Start. It is much cheaper, and it easy to digest "Comfort Proteins". My daughter loved it!!

http://www.gerber.com/Products/Good_Start_Formula.aspx
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We use Enfamil because that is what the hospital gave us. My son is now 7 months and we haven't had any problems. For the first 3 months we ended up using Enfamil Gentlease but we were able to go back to Enfamil with Lipil afterwards.
    Anonymous

• We used Enfamil because we were on WIC and that's what they provided.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i use similac. honestly i have no idea why i chose that one. i just did and it works for my son so we stuck with it.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I used enfamil. My doc recommend enfacare as suppliment to breastmilk due to poor weight gain. Once she started gaining, I weaned and switched to enfamil lipil. She's been in the 50% ever since :) My doc will recommend different brands for different needs. I overheard him telling another parent to use good start for a sensitive tummy.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I started on Similac but my son developed bad gas issues on it. So then I switched to Nestle Good Start and that didn't help. I tried Enfamil Gentlease and it worked great. Plus Sam's Club makes their brand of Enfamil Gentlease. It costs the same, but they give you twice as much.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Similac gave my baby horrible constipation and bad bad gas. We switched to Good Start, stopped the constipation but still really bad gas. Then we discovered she has milk allergies and is on Good Start Soy. wonderful stuff!

Where I live, Similac and Enfamil run around the same price but Good Start is about 4 dollars more.

You will find every baby is different. I have a friend whos baby had the opposite reaction to Good Start that my baby had.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My DD has been taking similac advance ok but has been a little constipated but she is also Breastfed and she seems to like it ok.
    Anonymous

• Walmart carries a brand called Parent's Choice and it is comparative to Enfamil & Similac. The best part is that a big can is only around $12.00. My daughter started on Similac until 6 months old than I tried a can of Parents choice and she had no problem. So thats what she has been drinking for the past 4 months. When you are on a budget sometimes its worth a try.
    Jaimekat13

Answer by Jaimekat13 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2009