Trying to have a baby?!?!

Okay My husband and I have been trying to have a baby. Its been aver 4 months now. before then i was on bc the nuva ring.i have seen my dr about getting on vitams, and she game me some advice. is there anything that i should stay away from as in food? sex positions? any helpful idea will help!!! please help us!!!!

michaelamanda07

Asked by michaelamanda07 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• are you using a ovulation calendar? i used www.yourdays.com got my bfp in three months. some use 2-4 teaspoons of robitussin (just plain robitussin...the only active ingredient is guaifenesin). it increases your cervical mucous during ovulation, which helps get the sperm to the egg. google robitussin and fertility
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• start taking prenatal vitamins... for the folic acid. i took a vitamin that was for a healthy reproductive system after trying to get pregnant for like 2 years and i got pregnant right off the bat
    roseandsavannah

Answer by roseandsavannah at 3:18 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i've never actually tried to have a baby (my son was a wonderful oops) but i've heard that if you're trying to conceive you shouldn't think about it when you're doing the deed. just enjoy it. if you stress about getting pregnant, you're less likely to succeed
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It's best to know when your body is ovulating. I read the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" to understand the cues my body gives when I'm ovulating.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It has been said that you should not do anything while you're trying that you would not do while pregnant in terms of health should you conceive. That means you should stay away from unpasteurized products, raw eggs, undercooked meat, certain types of fish high in mercury, and certain soft cheeses. However, I don't think there's anything you eat that makes you less likely to conceive than anything else.

But if you are trying, you should get on prenatal vitamins before you find out you are pregnant. You can get some at a grocery store. Do a google search for the recommended amounts of each vitamin your prenatals should contain or ask your doctor. You don't need a prescription for them.

As for positions, I really think so long as sperm goes in, you're probably equally likely in any position.
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 4:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009