Help with constipation?

My daughter is 2 1/2 and we have always struggled with constipation. I have been to two different specialists and her reg. dr. They have found nothing wrong. I have put her on a more fiber diet, and she was on miralax prescription for about two months.. It has done nothing to help and is putting a big delay on her pooing in the toilet. She is almost potty trained. She will sit on the floor and cry saying she is trying to poop. Just wondering if any one has any home remedies or any suggestions at all I can't stand to see her in that much pain over a bowel movement. I have already tried everything I can think of including limiting cheese. She doesn't really like beans and I am running out of options for her.

mommymandaleigh

Asked by mommymandaleigh at 3:14 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you tried Pedia-Lax?
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean. My daughter has struggled with constipation since she was just weeks old. I even breastfed and she still had hard bowl movements. The only thing to really work for us is a half a capfull of miralax in juice every other day. I know the Miralax doesn't seem to help, but, how long did you use it consistently? It takes a several days for the meds to kick-start her system. One thing that did seem to work for a while was the Kashi Go Lean cereal. There is alot of fiber in that. Granola, lots of water, and apples has also helped in the past. Also, she seems to be worse the more bananas she eats. Maybe try to eliminate that if she's eating them.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 3:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• increase fluids, water, apple juice, prune juice. Take a look at www.liquidzeolite.org   especially read  the testimonials. message me if you want more info

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 3:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son had the same issue from birth. No one seems to know why. He's only 17 months old but finally a couple months ago started going on his own with out a laxative or miralax. I put him on Soy milk, soy cheese, soy yogurt etc..and he started going 2-3 times a day now. I don't know why and they aren't sure why but its a thought?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My daughter struggled with this from for a couple months when she was first born, and actually not going at all. My pediatrician recommended these: Fleet Pedia-Lax Liquid Glycerin Suppositories they're made especially for babies and infants. They are very gentle and my daughter never acted like it bothered her. I did this once a week for a while and after you insert the glycerin it only takes 30 seconds- 2 minutes to work and actually it cleared her, it was such a life saver! I know its weird to do on your child but it'll be so worth it for her.
    kelseysmom0327

Answer by kelseysmom0327 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009