kmart

Does or did anyone work at Kmart? Did you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i did for a year in customer service i liked it but i didnt like the hours i hate having hours changed all the time so i left for and eight to four job.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I worked at sears and it was alright. they really don't take care of their employees. I was there for two years and only ever got like a 10 cent raise that got taken away from me when I switched departments.. people that had been there for years and years were only making like 775. It was sad.
    (sears is now owned by Kmart) so id imagine itd be about the same
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I thought kmart was owned by sears...
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Actually Kmart owns Sears. My dh worked was an assistant manager at Kmart a few years ago. LONG HOURS... Glad he got a different job!
    abelmm2

Answer by abelmm2 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• S S Kresge is the parent corp that has owned K Mart (among other things) for years and years, and now they have aquired Sears, (actually about 10 years ago).
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i worked for a company that is similar to kmart...im from cananda, and its called zellers...and all the zellers' took over all the kmarts..it was an ok job..i was a cashier, then customer service, then a supervisor..was only there about a year..but it was an ok job..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I worked for Kmart about 10-11 yrs ago, just out of high school (on a side note, good grief, I just realized how old I am, that I can say I worked somewhere just out of high school a DECADE ago! sheesh! lol). I enjoyed it. I worked there with my boyfriend at the time and my best friend, so we had a lot of fun.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I worked for Kmart for almost 2 years and the store I worked for was TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep in mind that the store I worked for was in an old building, had long-term employees who insisted on doing things their way, horrible store managers that kept changing and each one was worse than the other, terrible work schedules, and horrible treatment of employees.
    It was the most demeaning, demoralizing, and degrading job I have EVER worked at.
    If we were living in a cardboard box with no money for a meal and Kmart was the only job in town, I would NOT work for them - I have too much dignity.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009