sore throat will I have to wait till baby is born befoe tonsils are removed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• Yes.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i'm not sure. i've never had my tonsils removed but if they put you under with anasthetic for that you will most likely have to wait cuz i guess that can be very bad for baby.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Most likely a doctor won't remove your tonsils until the baby is born. Gargle with salt water, it helps.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Yup.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am sorry you are having trouble. Tonsil removal for an adult is a big deal. Check with your doctor, but I doubt that surgery that isn't essential will have to wait. I agree with TheDiva about the salt water. Also sniff salt water up your nose and spit it out. Use non-iodized salt, about a teaspoon in a glass of warm water. I have been using a netipot and am very happy with that. They come with packets that you mix with water. you fill the pot with the solution and lean over the sink and tilt your head and pour the solution into your nostril so that it pours out of the other nostril. Sounds yucky, but it washes out a lot of what causes unpleasant drips and sore throats.

Answer by Bmat at 3:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• ^^^^ I suspect that surgery that isn't essential will have to wait. (sorry)

Answer by Bmat at 3:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009