Does anyone have 3 car seats in accross a bench seat?

I have a Honda CRV that I lease, to trade it in early is looking very expensive. I am due with my 3rd child in 2 months and I am wondering how inconvenient it would be to have 3 seats straight acrossed the back seat. Also, I am wondering if the children would feel too confined/ squished. Does anyone have experience with this?

moma16412

Asked by moma16412 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Travel

• Depends on how much room is in the backseat really. Also are they all car seats or is one a booster? I would try to hook them all in and then see how they fit. Good luck
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• You could probably take your car to a car seat technician and have them check it for you. As for the children being to crowded I don't know as there is much you can do about it if you can't trade in the car.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My fiance has 3 booster seats and the girls are very close together..
    It is a royal pain in the ass to get the seatbelts in..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I will have 3 seats in my backseat in May, one is a booster and the other is a convertiable then we will have the infant seat. We drive an Impala and are lucky that the back seat is pretty big, I thin the only thing that might be a problem is the booster, we will have to buckle it in every time but I have it on the side that that only has one buckle so that should help some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have done this. I drive my friend around alot and she has 2 kids plus mine= 3. I put the 2 18 month olds in the middle and next to the window and the 2 month old on the side, it worked gret because the 2 18months played with eachother and the 2 month old slept. I have a ford explorer, I dont nknow how much bigger that is but they fit very comfortable with 2 big car seats and the infant seat with base. Just make sure the seats are in correctly.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I have a Mitsubishi Montero Sport and have had 3 car seats (well, an infant seat, a convertible seat, and a high back booster) in the back seat. It's tight, real tight, but all the seats are properly installed and they all fit in. I always think that the kids have their own personal space because they are within their seats. Of course they can reach out and touch each other, which is a problem sometimes. I did it with a Chevy Cavalier too.
    It can be done!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have a Nissan Quest minivan and was never able to get three car seats across in the rear bench seat without a LOT of wrestling. If one is just a booster it might work, but it's hard to reach to buckle the seat belts. It also might fit better with an infant in a rear-facing seat, but then it's hard to get the baby in and out.
    napoli

Answer by napoli at 9:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• i have a vw jetta and have had 3 seats in the back... 2 were boosters and one i a convertible... they were really loose i found and it made me nervous to have them in there... thankfully i broke up with the idiot i was with and so now it's just me and my 2 boys who fit comfortably in the car across from each other... i agree with the PP that say to try putting them all in and see if they fit tightly like they are suppose to... go to a police station and they can make sure they are installed correctly... remember you kids safety should come first... good luck
    baby_headbanger

Answer by baby_headbanger at 3:09 PM on May. 22, 2009