Yellowstone with a family any suggestions?

My hubby and I and our three little ones are planning on going to Yellowstone this summer. Neither of us have ever been there so we are starting from square one. Any good campgrounds (with water and electric hook ups)? Any must see places? Anything to avoid? good and cheap places to eat? Anything would be helpful, thanks.

Melbornj

Asked by Melbornj at 3:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Travel

• Oh, My hubby and I went there a few years ago and I can tell you that it is honestly our best vacation ever! We camped at a KOA in Wyoming right outside Teton Nat'l Park. We woke up every morning with the most gorgeous view of the Grand Tetons. It's right outside of Yellowstone and about 45 minutes from Jackson Hole (with nothing but nature in between). The elk were bugling in the morning, the coyotes howling at night, it was awesome. We saw a moose in a stream right outside the campground too. My most important piece of advice....while we were there in the summer, it was still freezing at night and first thing in the morning, then it would warm up in the afternoon. Bring a large variety of clothes! We would start out all bundled up and then be in shorts in the afternoon. Also there is a lot of hiking to be done! If you want to see the waterfalls and stuff, the trails are paved, but it is still a hike up and down hill
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2009

• LUCKY!!! I wish we could go!! I have been on the national parks and Yellowstone web site....lot's of info there. also there are books out about traveling there. we have it in our library and it is relatively small.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• How silly I never thought about the library, I will have to go. I went online but I was hoping to find things our from a families perspective. We are stationed in Wa and hopefully will get back to the other coast and I think that it is a place that we should take advantage of while we are here.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well I just moved to wyoming and theres alot of outdoor activities you should try....cheyenne is also a nice place to visit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 8, 2009