A question for the doctors out there...

I have mild asthma. I've had it for 20+ years. Right now, I have no insurance and my scrip for albuterol is expired. The doctor says I need to come in for a check up before he will renew it. That's $80 at least. Nothing has changed in me. My asthma is just kicking up a bit because of Spring just like it always does.

Does anyone know of how I can get another inhaler without a scrip? It's so stupid. Albuterol should be OTC. I don't get why it isn't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• I'm not a doctor, but I know for a fact you will not be able to get an inhaler without a script. Check out this website, it's for supplemental insurance, that will save you money, more so then no insurance at all. Anything is better then nothing. www.mybenefitsplus.com/clanders.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Can you ask for a sample maybe?
    Anonymous

• Nothing in YOU might have changed, but your asthma might have worsened. Mild or not, asthma is nothing to be light about and should be monitored.

Find a way to get to the doctor. If you do find someone who will give you a script without seeing you, his license should be pulled.
    Anonymous

• When we didn't have insurance and had to self pay I just told them and they always sent home samples, and if it was a script for my sons albuterol I got it for 4.00 at walmart... Dont be afraid to ask for discounts!!!
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009