If you could pick a different religion . . .

Which would you pick? Me? I'd be Wiccan. I was one for the full year and a day, but it wasn't my path. But, it is such a beautiful religion steeped in spirituality, mysticism, history, and reverence for nature.

This is JUST FOR FUN and HYPOTHETICAL - no religion-bashing please!

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 3:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You may think that I am crazy, but the Jehovah's witnesses have a beautiful idea of what is yet to come. Though there are still soo many things about that religion that is just plain wrong. So If I could pick my own religion, I would have to say that I would make up my own, where everyone is welcome to come and pray anyway they want to.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well Ive been Christian and Pagan.

Im learning about Buddhism and Hinduism. So Id go there first.

However, if I really wanted to step outside my norm...Id love to be Muslim and really live it not just hear about it. kwim?
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would be Hasidim. (Orthodox Jew) I love the culture, language, and traditions.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Mormon. long story. don't ask.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Answered at 2:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 by: MythicMMM
    Mormon. long story. don't ask.

**
    You want the underwear, don't you? LOL :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• To Familytyme, Unitarian Universalists churches are just that...anyone can come and pray or not as they please. There are jewish, hindu, pagan, wiccan, atheist, taoists, bhuddists...everyone there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well,there is nothing on this planet that would ever make me leave Christianity. I believe too strongly in God. But, I have swtiched religions within Christianity. I was raised Southern Baptist. But I was saved and baptized in a Non-Denominational Church,and we now belong to the Assembly of God Church,and are just as happy and we can be.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i don't have a Religion I have a relationship with Jesus Christ

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I already did this. I was a baptized Christian and turned to my true path Paganism. If I had to choose another I would say Wicca or Buddism.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 3:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• you know me too well jennijune. lol. guilty.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009