Non-Christians...

How many of you have been Christian?
How many of you were true blue believers?
How many of you never really felt it but understood it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised Christian. I was Christian. I was a devout believer in the Christ and the living word of God. I understood what I believed and what I was taught. I had an examined faith as an adult whereas I had blind faith as a child. I was baptized as an adult. And I still walked away.

It has nothing to do with not believing enough, or not having enough faith.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 4:10 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I have been Christian, I was a true believer, I understood it & felt it.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I grew up very christian. I believed with all my heart and soul and had a very strong testimony of Christ as my savior and redeemer of the world. I even did missionary work and brought several to christ.

So, I get it. Some may not believe that but I do. I understand the passion they have and the testimony and faith they have.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was a Christian... baptized Lutheran, raised in the Lutheran Church... confirmation, put my dd's thru a Lutheran private school ....
     Yes I believed ... true blue believed.... so much so that "Lead by example" was me... but over all those yrs I saw hate towards others by my fellow Christians, I questioned and got no answer, I witnessed people being judged bc they looked outside of the Bible for answers, I witness the clicks that IF you didn't do what I do or did, you didn't belong and not just from Lutherans, but many other religious secs that I looked into, visited..
     I found my answers after yrs of looking and in Paganism there is peace and a fulfillment that I didn't feel while being within the Christian Sec.

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was raised a Christian and was baptized and saved as a teenager. I believed whole-heartedly the love of Christ and the sacrifice he made for me.

It was definitely an emotional period of my life that I recognize what I needed was something to belong to.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was a Christian.
    Never truly believed it...more or less was just "going with the crowd".
    I understand it's something very important in some people's lives... but it never was to mine.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was Baptized, grew up in a Christian home, thought I was a true believer. When I look back I realize that I always questioned my faith. I use to get in trouble in Sunday School because I asked questions that no one could answer. Told that I had to have more faith. I didn't really want to be baptized, I didn't know why then. I do now. I was on another path even in my youth. I went to several different Christian churches but never felt the connection. Read the Bible many times, it still didn't connect with me.
    It is was while researching my Celtic background that I read about ancient Paganism. I cried because this is what, who I was all along. This is my path and I never looked back. My dad who is a deacon in his church talk about this. I answer all his questions. He says that I am more at peace now. He even went to a festival with me and admitted that he had been misinformed about Paganism. He even buys me Pagan decor now.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 4:15 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I was raised Christian (Catholic). I guess the only time, though, that I REALLY TRULY believed, was when I was little. I remember at a very early age, while I was praying, instead wondering who was listening and not being able to picture anyone really caring. It just started feeling more and more uncomfortable to keep trying to believe. I did not quit believing, however, because I didn't like Christianity. I quit believing because I just couldn't believe and making myself feel bad about it wasn't doing any good. It wasn't until later that I started realizing how Christianity has such a negative impact on some people's behavior.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I used to be christian then one day I realized that it was a pile of BS that makes no sense and is responsible for a great deal of the world's problems today. It's easy to be a christian and be one of the in crowd but it's not worth it.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• *hand up*

Proud grandchild of ministers in varying churches on both sides of family and Canada/US border, a lifelong happy pagan witch.

I've been dipped, dunked, splashed, sprayed, hallaluya'd and prayed over by purdy much every denomination available north and south.

We're not big enough to define it, so why try.S/He/It just is, like air or water. That's why the whole 'living word' 'one god' is such an oxymoron to me.
    MizKizzy

Answer by MizKizzy at 4:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009