When was the last time you

When was the last time you spend the afternoon out with your friends that do not have children? It feels like I have lots all of my non mommy friends. They either get tired of me talking about the kids, or I'm just so crazy with the kids we have lost touch. How do you still maintain friendships with yours?

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 3:39 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• *meant to write 'lost'
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 3:41 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Well, my friendships with them have taken a hit but they aren't gone. I try to make a point to talk about other things like work or guy problems. Most of my female friends who do not have kids, aren't married either. So, usually, it's them talking about boyfriend issues. We don't have out as much because we don't live near each other. But I do make a point to be sure we talk regularly. Their frienships mean the world to me and I don't want to lose them just because we have different things going on in our lives. Email is a great tool. I am not always able to see them since we don't live close and talking on the phone is hard with a toddler. But I am able to find time to email them while I am at work or after my son goes to bed. You are still women. You just have to find your inner woman and quiet down the inner mom.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Daddy makes a great baby sitter. I see my friends at least twice a week sans baby! But it does help that they all live within a 2 mile radius.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I agree with the pp... email is great to stay in touch. I have a 7 month old so I am up late, too late to call friends and chat so I message them. Also, I make sure to ask about what they are doing, how the boyfriend/hubby is, how is work... otherwise I will go on and on about baby stuff. They are interested in baby stuff, but not so much that its all they want to hear about. And I have hubby, or my mom, or MIL watch the baby so I can get out with friends once in a while, it makes me appreciate what I have at home. And you have to make it a priority (once in a while) to see them. I know its not easy, I haven't seen by BFF in months!!! I have work, my hubby and my daughter, she is working 60+ hours a week and has a boyfriend. But if its important, you have to carve out some time. And they have to try too.
    Anonymous