Blighted ovum

I have had 3 blighted ovums and one normal pregnancy. Should I get testing to make sure that there is not a chromosone issue or risks? I read that the body terminates the pregnancy because the baby will not be healthy. Does that mean that if I do carry to term again that there is a high risk for problems???

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 3:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Does your doctor want you to get tests done?
    Anonymous

• If you want testing, I would check with your insurance company to see what they cover and when (unless you can afford to pay out of pocket). I would want to check to see if something is wrong, just like you.

You're right, blighted ovums usually are the result of chromosone issues. I don't think your body would let you carry to term if the same chromosone issues causing you to have blighted ovums existed. So if you do carry to term, I don't think there is a definite high risk for those same problems.
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 4:23 PM on Apr. 7, 2009