When should my baby start to crawl?

My son is 8 months old and shows no interest... He doesnt even roll over I know he can because I have seen him do it, It just seems like he is being lazy..... But with the crawling I try to give him a lot of tummy time but the instant he starts to whine a little my parents rush over and pick him up, I have asked them not to do this but they refuse to listen.... Is there anyway I can be more assertive in letting them know what i mean. I'm starting to think that my son wont be crawling by the time he is one.

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 3:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When he/she is ready. My 91/2 month old son just started sunday.
    Anonymous

• my son did 2 says before he was 6 months old but i remember my niece never crawled, just went right to walking at 10 months.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Look in the frequently asked questions section
    Anonymous

• my son is 7 months old and just started crawling last week. i've also heard of babies that never crawl and just go straight to walking. if he doesn't show signs of either after awhile you might want to talk to the pediatrician
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My daughter was 9 1/2 mos and my son was 11 mos when they began crawling. No biggie :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Give your parents a copy of this:
    http://www.aarp.org/family/grandparenting/articles/grandparentsrole.html
    Obviously, read it first and decide just how angry they will be and if it's worth it to you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I crawled when I was three YEARS. Crawling isn't really anything to worry too much about as long as other gross motor milestones are met.

As for the parents...I had a similar problem with my MIL. I finally had to get angry with her and tell her flat out that if she didn't leave him alone he wasn't going to figure it out on his own. I also had to tell her that if she was going to continue to over react I was going to ask her to leave.

It didn't go over real well, but she backed off! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:00 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• about 8 mon.
    crapppppy

Answer by crapppppy at 6:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My son just started today and he turned 7 months last week. All babies are different and crawling isn't really a milestone as many babies skip it all together.
    Anonymous