• In the Spotlight:

2 babies at once...crazy?

i have a 7 month old son and i always said i wanted to wait til my first was in kindergarten before having another but recently every time i see a baby or a pregnant woman i wanna be pregnant again. is this just a mommy thing to want more or should i really try to have another?

r_elizabeth2290

Asked by r_elizabeth2290 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is a phase...I swear!
    Anonymous

• It's a mommy thing :) I went through baby fever when Becka was still an infant too. I was so glad to have NOT been pregnant while she was an infant and then just learning to walk. I feel I really got to enjoy her, without being pregnant then having a newborn to deal with. I am due in may, and Becka will be 29 months old. It's perfect for us! :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:53 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• yeah that's what I thought with my 2nd baby awhile back and now I'm pregnant again and due in 3mths. I already have a 6 1/2yr old and he'll be 7 this yr and she'll be 2. She'll be 20mths when this one's here.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 4:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• well, i didn't have baby fever, but my kids are 17 months apart. it was difficult, but not impossible (obviously)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 4:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It's really common. I suggest waiting until your baby is about 12 months old and mobile, and then revisiting the idea. That gives you time to really consider all angles, to find out if it was a whim or a longer lasting, stronger desire, and it gives your body the next few months to recover the stores that were depleted by your last pregnancy (your body is still not back to normal!) It is rewarding to have little ones close in age, but it is also mind-bogglingly exhausting to be pregnant with a very young toddler, and to have a newborn and a toddler who is in the extremely intense 18mos stage. I think 18-22 mos is a great spacing for siblings, but it does come with challenges. If you consider all that over the next couple months and still have "the baby cravings" then go for it and blessings to you!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:07 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I am so having baby fever too.
    My daughter is 10 months old, but a lot of my friends kids are turning two and they are either pregnant or just had another and it makes me want another too.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 4:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• my son was 9 months old when i got a suprise postiive pregnancy test lol and it scared the bejesus out of me cuz it really seems impossible but now that my owyn is 1 he is getting so independant and i really miss having a little babyaround to snuggle with and stuff so it seems to be working out for the best! now we cant wait to have this second little one. though its still al ittle scary sometimes. do you know anyone you could babysit for? sometimes thats just the dose to cure baby fever if youre not ready lol. : )
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 4:50 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Just a thought but if you wait until your LO is in kindergarten then you're going to have to start all over again. You probably won't keep stuff in your garage for five years, not to mention try BF a screaming baby while helping with homework. It's a PITA, trust me, I know.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 6:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would get pregnant again. I wish we didnt wait this long. My son is about to be three next month and im only a few months along. I can already tell its going to be HORRIBLE having an insane three year old running around trying to get ALL the attention and a screaming baby on top of that, basically with no help (only because i stopped working due to pain and things, and now DF is the only one working, so works more, and sleeps A LOT.) I really think it's going to suck, and im not going to enjoy it as much, compared to if i wouldve had another sooner. =] (oh and btw. like i said my son is basically 3 and everytime ive seen a baby ever since he was born, i wanted another)
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:44 PM on Apr. 7, 2009