Insurance only covers 80% of maternity stay...

If so how much will you/did you end up paying out of pocket? I have no idea what to expect and am having trouble getting someone on the phone who can tell me....anyone else deal with this or something similar??

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My insurance is the same, they cover 80% so your looking at around 2,000 out of pocket. Thats a lot of money I know but thats why Im going to get on medicaid to have as secondary so that way I wont have to pay a thing. Im not sure of your situation but since I stay at home and we only have one income I can get on Medicaid. My two year old already has medicaid as secondary inssurance. My OBGYN doesnt except medicaid and shes the best doctor so Im willing to pay her what my primary doesnt cover cause she lets me pay it out over 5 months which make it about $125 or $150 a month. But I cant afford to pay $2000 for the maternity stay cause they expect you to pay that all at once. The actuall hopsital tried to get my husband to put a down payment when we went to register at the hospital! He just told them we didnt have the money, theres nothing they can do. If you have any more ?'s let me know and I will try and answer them.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My insurance covered 80% too but I still ended up paying close to $2000 and that was for everything for me and the baby. On one hand I'm mad I have to pay for insurance just to end up still having to pay $2000 but on the other hand I'm sure glad I didn't have to pay the whole thing!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• We ended paying for the insurance itself... $1260 and $1000 co-pay.
    Anonymous

• It cost some where around 30,000 to have my oldest, I don't know the rest of them but I am sure it went up since 2002.
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009