whats your daily style like??

I wear jeasn, t shirt and flip flops unless its raining or super cold, I didnt have a mom she left when i was 2 and never came back so i think that im scared to try new things like heels and all that fun girly stuff i wouldnt even know where to start, whats your thoughts of how to be casually dressy

emleejane

Asked by emleejane at 4:17 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Well I stay home and my daily style is hair in ponytail, descent shirt and slacks.. I walk around barefoot, but sometimes I wear flip flops. Heels are not needed when you are home for the day or getting all pretty for that matter! but I do keep myself looking nice. I brush my teeth, clean my face, put deodrant (sp) on and perfume.
    .
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• i guess you just have to find your style, that is what makes you individual. I wear jeans, cute tops and flats pretty much daily...because heels everyday is just not practical with my lifestyle LOL. But if dh and I had a date then yes I will dress it up. I liked to dress up and wear makeup. I am a girly girl.
    Anonymous

• Mine is smart casual. I don't wear heals unless I have to as I have arthritis in my feet.

A nice pair of trouser cut jeans (dark) with a nice sweater or top. I have found a lot of my favorites at Kohls or Marshalls.
    Instead of flip flops you can get some dressy sandals without having to wear heals.
    In winter I dress it up with a pair of black leather boots with a solid (square heel) approx 2 inches.

In summer another option is good fitting cargo's or capris and a dressier t-shirt or top.
    You can always look in catalogues and go into the store and try on different outfits until you find something you like. You need to be able to feel comfortable in what you are wearing.

I have wavy/curly hair so if I wash it I put curl lotion on it.

I wear either a tinted moisturiser or a light covering of mineral foundation, with mascara, eyeliner and lipstick or gloss. Everything in natural tones.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I usually wear my flats with jeans and an ok shirt for work. that's how I am dressed on the weekends as well. The only thing that changes in the winter is that I wear my boots, but I'm like you I NEVER wear heels even though I would LOVE too. But since I'm already tall 5'9 at least taller than the average Mexican girls I'm pretty self conscious of my height. Wish I would grow out of that insecurity and wear heels.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Dude, I was born without style. I'm still rocking the yoga pants and t-shirt look. It's kind of a shame, I'm a size seven and I could be wearing cute stuff but I have no idea what goes together so I'd still end up looking ridiculous.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Usually comfy pants and a t-shirt. Why get dressed up when I'm usually playing all day! I manage to dress up if i go out but who has time for that anymore!
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 1:04 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• so techinical aussie mom. You should do that show, "what not to wear" and tell people how to do it lol! But me..im not so complicated...just jeans and a sweatshirt (or t-shirt) depending on the weather. I love wearing my workout pants. their comfy. And sometimes i wear a pink shirt that is kind of nice. I dont have many clothes. =/
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Comfy pants like yoga,sweatpants etc.... tshirt or hoody and slippers flip flops or if its cold adidas sneakers....
    Anonymous

• I dress up pretty much daily, My children are older, So wearing heels doesnt bother me plus I feel short w/o them ,I usually wear wedge type heels not stilettos ,I do wear flip flops they have to have a wedge or be high ,I do my hair , makeup , and some days dress more fancy than others ,some days I wear tracksuits only in the house though , Read Victoria Beckhams extra half inch she has great pointers on how to look good w/o going broke, yes she has some expensive brands, Mostly though her advice is pretty good ,She not as high maintenance as everyone would think .Also there are other books on amazon that tell you how to dress according to age I like hers the best ,That me though She tells it like it is from a moms point of view .
    Anonymous