I received my blood work results today

I had blood work done Monday to check my levels. My blood work came back normal. My cycle is due on April 16th and the doctor said I did ovulate and that my progesterone level currently is 19. Does anyone know about progesterone levels and is 19 a good sign of possible pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.

I dont' think it means you're pregnant but I think there's a possibility. Levels are supposed to double every day. do they havev you coming in for a repeat?
    Anonymous

• A 19 before your period is due is good news. It doesn't mean you are pregnant, but it does mean you have enough progesterone to support a beginning pregnancy. When your progesterone level drops much below 10 your chances of maintaining a pregnancy are not great, though it is still possible with progesterone supplementation if it is caught early enough. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• What Anon said about hCG is true, but I am assuming you will not test for that until next week.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Are you taking Clomid? Did you have a transvaginal ultrasound to look at your ovaries? Yes, 19 is a good progesterone level. Without HCG it is impossible to know if you are pregnant.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 4:49 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• progesterone wont tell you anything about pregnancy...anything over 10 is a great sign
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 2:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2009