HAS ANYONES CHILDREN HAD THERE TONSILS OUT

MY SON HAS AUTISM AND HE IS A REAL BAD BLEEDER AND I AM WORRID

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Health

• I'd suggest taking the optional hospital stay then... With my daughter she had her's out when she was 4, I was really anxious about bleeding so I asked that she stay in the hospital over night, she was fine.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• My youngest son had them out at 14...miserably, horrible, terrible. It so so hard on him because he was so much older. He did have a bleeding issue on the 4th day...but mostly it was because he didn't follow Dr's orders. My g-daughter had hers out at 3 and it was a walk in the park. They kept her overnight due to her age. The only problem with her was forcing her to drink. Dehydration is a big problem after tonsilectomies. As long as you make them drink they are fine really. Lots of Jello, ice cream, popsicles, anything smooth and cold. it is much easier the younger they are.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:47 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I also insisted that mine stay in the hospital overnight. We lived over an hour away and I didn't want to risk being so far away if they started bleeding, and they did. I foolishly thot it would be a great idea if I had two kids and once. I couldn't have handled them both at home. I needed the peace of mind that came from having nurses there to help me thru their first nite. :)

3 of mine had their tonsils and adenoids removed. I'm glad we did. Mouth breathing causes all kinds of problems, AND mine never had prob. with colds, ear infections after that and were generally more healthy after. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:58 PM on Apr. 7, 2009