Can this be a sign that labor is coming ?

I'm 37 weeks 5 days today and I've never been so swollen in my life! My ancles, wrists,hands and feet are all highly swollen! They will not go down. Can this be yet, another sign that labor is coming fairly soon??

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Swollen feet are common during pregnancy as far as your swollen hands and wrists i would call the doctor because that's not a normal symptom. I had swollen feet for the last 3 months of both of my pregnancies, sorry but that's not a sure sign that labor is starting. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 5:08 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Oh gosh I've been swelled since 36 weeks I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. Its just part of being pregnant =]
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• http://pregnancy.healthguru.com/content/video/watch/100102/Vaginal_Delivery

This is a good place to look it will telll you all the early signs of labor right through to delivery, it will let you know if what you are seeing is a sign that the baby is on its way. I hope this helps.
    pregnancyHG

Answer by pregnancyHG at 6:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• im 38 weeks and 1 day and i havent had any kind of swelling at all. So i dont think its a sign of labor.....i think if youre bleeding/spotting and/or experience painful contractions thats when you should consider being in labor........maybe your doctor can help answer this question. if im not sure about anything, i always check with my doctor, regardless of how dumb i might think the question is. there are no stupid questions.
    good luck!
    AbdelsChicka

Answer by AbdelsChicka at 8:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• some women just swell... as long as you bp is okay, it's normal. my feet, ankles, wrists, hands, fingers, face, and even nose were swollen for about the last month and a half of my pregnancy. i was like a whale! and just to warn you, if you end up getting induced, pitocin causes swelling for about 2-3 weeks after delivery. i was so happy when i could recognize my feet again! :)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009