• In the Spotlight:

I received my blood work results today part 2

Thank you for all the good advice I just wanted to respond to some questions that were asked about this question. No I am not on Clomid, Yes I had a transvaginal ultrasound last Monday everything was good. No, I'm not going to have a repeat bloodwork. The nurse was saying though that a normal progestrone level is 10 and mine was 19 (almost doubled) so that is why I was wondering if I could be pregnant, but we will see by April 16th..It's all a waiting game! Have a nice day all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Here's a little additional clarification on progesterone levels: About half way between the day you ovulate and the day your next period should begin normal progesterone levels are from about 5 to almost 30. Anything above a 5 means you had some sort of ovulatory activity, but most doctors prefer a level of at least 10 (this is probably what the nurse was refering to when she said a 10 was normal). Anything above a 10 means your body is more fertile and more prepared to nurture a pregnancy, but it doesn't indicate that you are pregnant. A 19 is very good, but you really are stuck waiting until you can test for hCG. Hopefully this is not more information than you wanted. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 7:11 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That is the day I will be testing as well. We weren't trying but I have a feeling. Not sure what I am hopeing for yet lol. GL to you though!
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:03 PM on Apr. 7, 2009