Letting your 26 year old child move back home

Would you let your 26 year old child move back home with his cheating wife and their dd? My brother wants to move back in with my mom and dad he says its for money reasons but the thing is he makes damn good money working for a prison
but this just came about after his wife told him she cheated. I know it might sound mean but I think my mom should set her foot down and tell him NO, the last time they lived with her, my sil didn't take care of their dd she expected my mom to and the only time they have anything to do with my mom is when they need something they never visit just to visit. I just want to know would you let your 26 year old and his wife and dd move home just cause his wife cheated even though he won't admit that’s why he’s moving home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• No, I did not let my 26 yr old move back in with his cheating wife. We did take the kids though. Hey...do I know you? LOL

If Mom is going to let them move in encourage her to set limits right off. YOU take care of YOUR child. I am not a built in sitter. Rent will be XYZ a month. 1/2 of utilities and for heavens sake set a time limit. 6 months at the outside. Write it down...everyone signs so everyone is in agreement.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:21 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I wouldnt allow it at all. Is your mom really considering this? You should share your thoughts with her.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I would let him and DD move there but NOT his wife
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 5:06 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• She won't listen to me she's pissed about it but thinks she has to since its her son hell my sil wouldn't even give her dd a bath my mom had to and they lived with my mom for 6 months before when he moved from another city to here and she (sil) took a bath a total of 5 times lol so she had to put up with her stintch lol
    Anonymous

• Before they move in she should set rules, including rent.

Answer by Bmat at 5:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Sense they are not moving into your house..It should not be a big issue.
    Sence he has a job..MOM should not be leting them come back home to live.

Answer by louise2 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• That is between your mom and your brother, you can express your opinion but it likely won't matter. GL.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:36 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• MY HOUSE WILL ALWAYS BE OPEN FOR ANY OF MY CHILDREN IF THE NEED ARISES, REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS GOING ON IN THEIR PERSONAL LIVES.

Answer by older at 11:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• I cant imagine ANY legitimate reason to allow a 26 year old to move back home. If he makes great money,has his own family,he needs to be in his own place,work out their issues and thats that. When does your responsibility for your children end???? really...?
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 12:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009