Group owner question

How do I set up a link to my group? I want to use it in my signature. I saw this question in a group somewhere, and so I know I'm not the only one with this question.

rhope4

Asked by rhope4 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You need to copy the url address of your group (from the address bar). Then in your signature, highlight either the words or click the graphic (whichever you're using). When you highlight it the little "link" icon will be lit. Click that link icon and paste your url address. It should then make your words/graphic clickable so they can go directly to your group.

Make sense? If not, feel free to ask me for better instructions unless someone else gets to it first!!
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Hi rhope4,
    Here's how to add a signature with a link to your group:

Click the 'Privacy + Settings' link on top of the page.
    Click the 'Signatures' link on the left side of the page.
    Click on the button that says 'Add a Rich Text Signature'.
    Enter the name of your signature.
    Type in the words you would like to be the link.
    Highlight those words.
    Click on the "chain" link symbol.
    Paste the URL to your group in the URL box
    Click the "Insert" button
    Click the 'Add' button when you are finished.

You should see a preview of your signature.

\The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2009

• Got it set up. Since my group name isn't in with my url, am I allowed to put my group name one line above my link? I did that already so people will know what group they're looking at before they go to it, but if that's against the rules, I'll edit it.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2009

• It's your signature you can do what you want. But you wouldn't have to put your name above it. You could type the name of the group, then highlight it, click the chain link icon and paste the address. Like this: CafeMom Moms Memorials. Make sense or am I misunderstanding you?

Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 1:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009