Would You?

Would you follow a blog that offered information on the conditions of diaper changing stations in local establishments? From the cleanliness, to whether the straps are in working condition, to whether the Men's room has a changing station, and beyond?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• NO

Answer by louise2 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No. when you need to change your child you do not have time to search for the ones that are "just so!" Most of the time I changed them in the back of our SUV!

Besides, I always had a changing pad that I used and cleaned myself regardless of the cleanliness of the bathrooms. I also used to carry a can of Lysol with me too, that I would use before placing the changing pad on the changing table.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:27 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No, you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't think it would really make much of a difference in deciding whether to go to the establishment.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 5:30 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• It might be nice to have a place to go to complain about places that DON'T have changing tables that really should---like McDonald's or department stores. Kind of a wall of shame.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:38 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• No. I quickly realized that my own pad on the floor of the handicap stall was the easiest way to go if I couldn't wait until we got back to the car.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I use my lap or the pad in my diaper bag. I would never use one of those things, you just never know who has been there before you. Hell I never used those grocery carts with infant seats on them...the straps are so gross! I think baby items are personal items and should not be shared with the general public. Have you seen high chairs in resturants? Nasty! We bring our own seat.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:05 AM on Apr. 8, 2009