How do you tell a man how much you appreciate it when ___ (fill in the blank) without hurting his pride?

My Fiance has been so sweet lately, and I want to thank him, and show my appreciation, but I don't know how without making him feel like a sissy. (he has a big ego) He has been so helpful, an supportive, and lovy dovy with me, and I love it, but I don't know how to thank him without hurting that huge ego of his.

aspensmommy09

Asked by aspensmommy09 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• You give HIM a special attention night. Tell him how much you love him and appreciate all the special things he does for you. Even big ego guys need to know they are appreciated.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Make him his favorite dinner then have some loving for dessert.
    Anonymous

• Just do something nice for him without EXPLAINING why you are doing so! If he asks, just say: "because!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:46 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• sex is the answer! lol. okay, seriously though, what boosts a man's ego better than a hot night with his lady?
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 6:01 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• All the other posts are great. But I think it would boost his ego to know that he's apppreciated. Real men need to be protectors and providers and care takers to their women. They live off of it. He needs to know that you see what he is doing and that you understand what he's giving. Don't get all mooshy on him but out of the blue (wink), look him straight in the eye and say "Baby (or whatever you call him) I really appreciate all that you do for me. The way you make me feel loved and supported. The way you handle me, the way you..... I know you don't have to do it but you do and that makes me realize how lucky I am." Then you jump his bones and put him to bed!
    capiche.
    nastalgia

Answer by nastalgia at 4:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009