Any know how to apply for the job of their dreams being 6 months pregnant and knowing maternity leave is just around the corner. Jobs in my field dont open very often and I need all the advise I can get.

To keep it simple I work in the zoological field and a position just opened. The last one to open was over and year and a half ago.

Asked by Anubis8733 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I know someone who was in the exact same position (6 months pregnant and applying for a job), and she got the job even with her future employers knowing the circumstances. It just depends on how understanding the company is.

Answer by lizzie_ann at 3:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• If I was in the position, I would apply, give it my best shot and be honest about my plans. I would want to give them a sense of when I would be coming back from maternity leave. No harm in applying and interviewing. If you are the best for the job, they may take you despite your situation. And like you said, it doesn't open often. They should not discriminate against you but we know it just depends on who is hiring you and the other candidates. Do you know who the supervisor will be? It may be a great boss who supports Moms in the worplace so go for it and have no regrets!

Answer by manna1qd at 2:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008