about a question i posted earlier

earier i posted a question about my daughter having gritty poo... ive been doing research and i found that gluten intolerence can cause gritty poo, but my question is can you develop an intolerence? i havent given her any foods she hasnt eaten before, and i never had a problem until last night, so can it just come out of no where, shes 22 months old now...if it was that would this have happened before? sorry im just a little confused and her poor little bum is covered with gritty poo (when she goes poo, and its so hard to clean off, like trying to clean wet sand off. so yeah) any answers appreciated thank you in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Apr. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you had her tested by a doctor? Mabey try taking all gluten products from her diet for a couple weeks and see if that makes a difference.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• I havent heard of gritty poo being from gluten intolerance. But I do know some about going gluten free b/c I did it for my dd for a while. She has behavioral delays and sometimes gluten can cause problems like that.

I do know that your child can be intolerant and you might not know. Its not always a very evident thing. The only way you can know is to take her off gluten for a while.

Research it online, but from what I found WALMART is a huge help. On all of their store brands it says on the back GLUTEN FREE. Which is really helpful. Basically anything with wheat. Which is a lot of stuff.

Corn products are ok. Or rice. Rice crispies are good. Some fruit bite snacks are good. Cook organically: fresh produce are great. veggies and fruits.

I feel like I am rambling. lol sorry.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:37 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• no i havent had her tested yet, the first time it ever happened was last night before bed and then once earlier today, and i didnt know why or anything or if i should be concerned or not. but im going to take out gluten to see if it helps, but i was just wondering if it can just appear after 22 months....so ..yeah but thank you and im going to get her tested shes going to the doc. on friday for a checkup. so yeah.....
    Anonymous